The 2019 Business Excellence Awards were presented at the Burlington Chamber of Commerce Business Awards Gala on April 4 to the delight of the 510 business people in attendance.
John Goodwin, Chair of the Burlington Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, was proud to announce the winners of the 2019 Business Excellence Awards. This year’s winners are:
- Manufacturer (Medium) Award: Battlefield Press
- Manufacturer (Large) Award: Umicore
- Retail / Wholesale Award: Global Fuels Inc.
- Not-for-Profit: Shifra Homes
- Service (Micro): FarAway Greens Indoor Golf
- Service (Small): Fairview Tire AutoPro
- Service (Medium): Thrillworks
- Service (Large): A.S.P. Security Services
- Young Entrepreneur Award: Erika MacKay, Niche for Design
- Employer of the Year: Innomotive Solutions Group
These 10 Burlington businesses demonstrate excellence in business leadership, community contributions, entrepreneurship, sustainable environmental practices, employee welfare, innovation and growth.
“Each year a dedicated team of Chamber volunteers works countless hours into choosing award recipients,” said John. “The calibre of businesses operating in Burlington becomes more impressive each year. All of tonight’s winners and finalists should be proud of their accomplishments.”
The Chamber’s Business Awards Task Force is meticulous in its award criteria and selection process. Through this process they sometimes find that in some categories there are no nominated companies that met the highest standards required for an award resulting in no award in that category. This speaks not only to the integrity of the process, but to the high calibre of the finalists and the winning companies.
Other award winners who were honoured at the Gala were:
- Mayor’s Community Service Award – Business: Cogeco Connexion
- Mayor’s Community Service Award – Not-for-Profit: Burlington Food Bank
- Mayor’s Sustainable Green Business Award: Stratus Building Solutions
- BEDC Award for Excellence in Innovation and Technology: Precision Record Pressing
- Tourism Builder Award: Barbara Teatero
The Burlington Chamber of Commerce is the voice of business in Burlington and advocates at the local, regional, provincial and federal levels on behalf of 1,000 companies representing 30,000 employees. The Chamber provides valuable networking and education opportunities for its members by hosting over 80 events each year.